It is no secret that dogs love to play in the dirt, mud, manure, garbage, and other smelly things.
And you probably don’t mind your pup rolling in muddy puddles, but you surely don’t want the mess and muddy paw prints all over the floor, which is why you would wash their feet before they step inside the house!
While there are many different ways you can clean your canine’s feet, the easiest way is to use a dog paw washer.
Here are the 6 top-rated dog paw cleaners and washers that can effectively remove dirt and grime off your dog’s paws and keep germs, bacteria, and allergens at bay!
|Dexas MudBuster Portable Dog Paw Cleaner||Paw cleaning cup||Check Here|
|Paw Plunger Muddy Paw Cleaner for Dogs||Paw cleaning cup||Check Here|
|Pupmate Paw Cleaner with Waterless Shampoo||Waterless shampoo paw cleaner||Check Here|
|SKI Innovations Paw Boss Wash for Dogs||Paw cleaning station||Check Here|
|Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner||Paw cleaning cup||Check Here|
|Wild Heart Brushless Dog Paw Wash and Drying Mitt||Paw cleaning cup||Check Here|
List of Best Paw Washers
Top Picks for Dog Paw Cleaners and Washers
1. Dexas MudBuster Portable Dog Paw Cleaner
The Dexas MudBuster Portable Dog Paw Cleaner is one of the highest-rated dogs’ feet washing cups on the market, and there’s a good reason for that.
It features thick yet soft silicone bristles that can gently and effectively remove dirt between your dog’s toes and keep all the muddy mess in it. It is easy to use. All you need to do is fill the cup with some water, insert your dog’s foot, twist to let the bristles do a little bit of scrubbing, and your dog’s paw is clean!
This patented dog foot washer is easy to clean, and you can also remove the cleaning brush to wash it with soap and water.
2. Paw Plunger Muddy Paw Cleaner for Dogs
Another great paw cleaner that can scrub dirt, mud, salt, and any other contaminants off your dog’s feet is the Paw Plunger Muddy Paw Cleaner for Dogs.
As soon as you look at it, you notice it looks like a coffee mug, designed to be easy for you to carry. It has a wide opening for quick and easy paw insertion, with multiple rows of soft bristles inside to clean your dog’s pads. It also comes with a rubber lid, allowing you to pre-fill the container before walks and keep the water from spilling.
This portable dog foot cleaning cup is easy to use. Simply add water to the first row of the bristles, put the paw in, then gently move it up and down to wash the dirt away.
3. Pupmate Paw Cleaner with Waterless Shampoo
Unlike the traditional paw washers, the Pupmate Paw Cleaner with Waterless Shampoo can clean your dog’s feet without water.
Thanks to its 360-degree brush head, it allows you to quickly and thoroughly get rid of dirt and bacteria that hides between the pads, with its rose scent to leave your dog’s feet smelling fresh. It uses a pet-friendly, non-toxic, hypoallergenic formula, and all ingredients are natural, which means it won’t cause any irritation.
Additionally, the silicone brush is detachable for easy maintenance. The best part is you can also use this waterless shampoo paw cleaner to freshen your canine’s body, not just the paws!
4. SKI Innovations Paw Boss Wash for Dogs
At first glance, you would think the SKI Innovations Paw Boss Wash for Dogs is an automatic pet paw washer. Yes, it does look like those devices that need to be plugged into a power outlet to operate, but no, it’s not an electric dog paw cleaner.
It works just like paw washing cups, which you need to plunge the dirty paws in and move back and forth over the soft finger-like cleaning pad to remove dirt, mud, germs, and allergens. It comes in a rectangular shape with separate reservoirs for clean and dirty water, allowing you to clean four to eight paws with just one filling.
What’s more, this paw cleaning station has proven to eliminate 99.5% bacteria and 99.9% fungi when used with anti-microbial soap.
5. Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner
What makes the Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner stands out is its 2-in-1 paw washer and dog cleaning brush design.
It is made of environmentally friendly soft silicone bristles to wash away dirt and mud without irritating the paws, with a detachable top brush that allows you to use it to scrub and massage your four-legged friend’s body during the bath.
This cylindrical dog paw washer cup also comes with a lanyard, which gives you the ability to hang it on the back of the door for quick access. Plus, it includes a soft absorbent towel for you to dry your dog’s paws after cleaning.
6. Wild Heart Brushless Dog Paw Wash and Drying Mitt
Unlike any paw washing cups recommended, the Wild Heart Brushless Dog Paw Wash is brushless.
It has a unique, grooved hourglass design that works by creating water bursting suction when moving it up and down your dog’s leg to remove dirt, mud, sand, allergens, and other harmful bacteria and chemical substances. With a unique built-in squeegee top to remove excess water and keep the water droplets inside.
Additionally, it comes with a high-quality drying mitt to gently and comfortably wipe off wet paws after cleaning.
What Are Dog Paw Washers?
Paws washers or cleaners are a portable cleaning tool designed to make it easy for you to wash your dog’s feet to prevent them from bringing the muddy mess into your house or car. These handy devices offer a quick and more effective way to wash dirt, germs, and bacteria off your dog’s paws and keep their feet clean, ultimately protecting them from fungal, bacterial, and yeast infection.
How to Pick the Best Paw Cleaners or Washers for Dogs?
With so many different types of dog paw cleaners and washers available on the market, choosing the best one for your pup can be challenging. To help narrow down your search, below are some of the things you need to consider.
1. Types of Paw Washers: Paw Cleaning Cups
vs. Paw Cleaning Stations vs. Waterless Shampoo Paw Cleaners
- Paw Cleaning Cups. A paw cleaning cup usually comes in a tumbler or a mug shape. Typically has soft silicone bristles inside to ensure it is flexible enough to get in between your dog’s toes to remove the mud without irritating their feet. It is portable and easy to use, in which you only need to fill it up with water, insert the paw, do a twist, then dry it with a towel. You can, of course, add in pet-friendly shampoo as well for more thorough cleaning.
- Paw Cleaning Stations. The SKI Innovations Paw Boss Wash for Dogs is an example of this type of paw cleaner. It is heavier and bigger, which also means it is not as portable. The benefit is you can wash all paws with only one filling thanks to the in-built clean and dirty water reservoir.
- Waterless Shampoo Paw Cleaners. Waterless shampoo paw cleaner has become more and more popular as you don’t need water to clean your dog’s feet. Press to spray the foam on your dog’s pad, scrub, and wipe it off, then they are good to go. The Pupmate Paw Cleaner with Waterless Shampoo is an example of this type of paw washer.
If you are going to choose the paw cleaning cup or the station type, you would want to pay attention to the opening’s size. The reason is that you want your dog’s foot to be able to fit right in the paw washer. However, this is not too much of a concern for waterless shampoo cleaners due to how they operate.
Unless you are picking the Wild Heart Brushless Dog Paw Wash that works without any brushes, you would want to make sure the bristles are soft and flexible enough to avoid hurting or damaging your dog’s pads. In fact, most paw washers like the Dexas MudBuster Portable Dog Paw Cleaner and Paw Plunger Muddy Paw Cleaner for Dogs have soft silicone bristles that are gentle on paws.
4. Lid and Portability
If you love outdoor activities and often take your dog with you, then it’s a good idea to choose a portable paw washer. That way, you can keep your car clean after your dog runs wild in the park. It may also be a good idea to consider those that come with a securing lid, such as the Paw Plunger Muddy Paw Cleaner for Dogs and Wild Heart Brushless Dog Paw Wash to keep the water from spilling out and allow for pre-fill for walks and hikes.
5. Ease of Cleaning
You would also need a paw washer that is easy to clean as you don’t want the mud to stay inside it after use. Preferably the ones that can be disassembled so that you can wash all the parts to ensure it functions at its best for the next use.
Tips on How to Keep Your Dog’s Paws Clean
- Get your dog to wear boots. Some people may think that using dog booties is unnecessary. In fact, they are incredibly beneficial to dogs. Not only can they help to keep your canine’s paws dirt-free, but they can also protect your furkid’s pads from hot and cold surfaces and sharp foreign objects.
- Use a dog doormat. Place a doormat specifically designed to wipe off dirt, mud, and excessive water from your dog’s paws next to the entryway. You will find it especially useful if you have a dog door installed that allows your pooch to go outside whenever they want.
- Prevent your dog from walking in wet and muddy areas. This is pretty self-explanatory as wetter feet will attract more dirt. Though it may be hard to stop your dog from jumping in muddy puddles, you can avoid going to those areas in the first place.
Best Paw Washer for Dogs
Do I need to change the water for every paw?
Yes, you need to. It’s a better idea to empty and refill the foot washer with clean water after washing each paw, especially if your dog’s paws are very muddy.
Can I only fill the dog foot washer with water?
Yes, you can. That said, it’s best to wash your dog’s feet with anti-microbial soap or povidone-iodine to eliminate harmful germs, bacteria, and fungi that their paws could potentially harbor.