Are you tired of seeing the paw prints all over the house every single time your dog comes in from outside?
Yes, they are cute, but it can be very tiring to mop the floor again and again.
We have a solution for you.
Wash their feet before they step inside the house!
Not only washing your dog’s paws can keep the floor clean, but can also keep their feet healthy.
Here are the 8 best dog paw cleaners you can get today.
1. Dexas MudBuster
Dexas was founded in 1969, a company that designs and manufactures many different products such as cutting boards, kitchen tools, and pet products.
This is a patented paw cleaner that features thick yet soft silicone bristles to remove dirt from your dog’s feet and keeps all the muddy mess in it.
Designed to be gentle on your dog’s paws, not to mention it is easy to use and very portable. You can also put it in your car for a quick cleanup after the outdoor activities.
When it comes to cleaning the Mudbuster, you can simply empty and rinse it, then it will be ready to be used again. Made of non-toxic plastics (BPA free), and comes in 3 different sizes, small, medium, and large to accommodate all sizes of paws.
2. Paw Plunger Portable Dog Paw Cleaner
As soon as you look at this paw washer, you notice it looks like a coffee mug. It is designed to be easy for you to carry while cleaning your dog’s paws. It also features the soft bristles inside and rubber top that is flexible for quick paw insertion.
PawPlunger is easy to use, all you need to do is to fill water to the first row of the bristles and put the paw in. Then, gently move it up and down to wash the dirt away.
This is a great paw cleaner to help keep both your house and your dog’s feet free of mud, dirt and any other contaminants.
3. Pupmate Paw Cleaner
Unlike the traditional paw washers, Pupmate can clean your dog’s feet without water. It allows you to quickly eliminate dirt and bacteria by simply pressing the pump, then scrub, and wipe it off with a towel. It uses a pet-friendly formula, and all ingredients are natural which means it won’t irritate the paws.
With its 360 degree brush head, it can thoroughly remove all the dirt that hides in between the pads, hence reducing the chances of infections. Additionally, the brush is detachable for easy maintenance.
Not only this cleaner can be used to freshen your dog’s paws, but also the body, making it one of the best on the market.
4. Petribe Dog Paw Cleaner
This is another pump, scrub, and wipe type of paw cleaner.
When you press the pump, it will produce 100% non-toxic waterless shampoo that contains all natural ingredients for you to clean your dog’s feet. Combined with silicone bristles to brush off the mud, yet is detachable so that you can easily wash it when it gets dirty.
Apart from that, the brush head is made to fit all sizes of dogs, and is 360 degrees to ensure a thorough paw cleanup.
Also, Petribe is rose scented. This means it can help to remove the bad odor and leave your dog’s feet fresh and clean. Since it doesn’t require rinsing, it is perfect for dogs who hate water.
5. SKI Innovations Paw Boss Wash for Dogs
This is a patented paw washing device that is proven to be able to remove 99.5% bacteria and 99.9% fungi from the dog’s paws if used with anti-microbial soap. Equipped with a soft and flexible cleaning pad at the bottom of the wash cup.
What we also like about Paw Boss is that it is capable of cleaning 4 to 8 paws with just one filling. To use this washer, you need to add soap and water into the clean water reservoir, then tighten the fill plug.
Once you have done washing the paw, simply tilt it to let the muddy water flow into a built-in dirty water reservoir. Then, tilt again to fill the wash cup with clean water and continue washing the rest of the paws.
6. Anipaw Dog Paw Cleaner
Constructed of environmentally friendly silicone, this foot washer offers a safe and effective way to keep your dog’s feet dirt free before they get inside the house or car.
You also notice it has a removable brush on top, a very smart design that allows you to give your dog a gentle massage during the bath time.
Thanks to its cylindrical shape, you can easily wash the areas that are typically hard to reach.
Anipaw also has a lanyard which means you can hang it on the back of the door for quick access, not to mention it comes with a soft absorbent towel for you to dry your dog’s paws after cleaning.
7. Yitook Dog Paw Cleaner
Similar to Anipaw, it features a split design that allows you to remove the top brush to scrub your dog’s body while bathing them.
Made of food grade polypropylene material, meaning it is pet friendly, yet can stand up to daily wear and tear. The bristles are soft and gentle which is great when it comes to cleaning your dog’s paws as it won’t irritate them.
Yitook is easy to use, portable, and has a lanyard. With its ergonomic design, it is comfortable to hold while you clean your dog’s feet.
This is a great tool to reduce the indoor mess and is ideal for small to medium size dogs.
8. Pet Go Pet Care Set
Unlike most products recommended, this is a care set. It includes a foot washer with silicone bristles to gently clean the paws, hence prevent your dog from tracking mud into your house. It is portable, easy to assemble and disassemble.
In addition, the Pet Go care set comes with a grooming glove. Made of breathable mesh fabric and an adjustable wrist strap to ensure your comfortability, yet the silicone bristles can give your dog a gentle massage while you brush off the loose fur.
Not only that, this set also includes a pet lint brush with a self-cleaning base which means it is reusable. It allows you to quickly remove your dog’s hair from everywhere in the house. This may be a great option for you if you are a bit tight on budget.
How to Pick the Best Dog Paw Washer?
With so many different types of dog paw cleaners available on the market, how do you choose what is best for you? Below is what you need to consider.
1. Types of Paw Cleaners
- Cleaning Cups. This is the traditional paw washer that comes in a tumbler or a mug shape. The inside typically uses silicone bristles to ensure it is flexible enough while removing the muds, hence safe and won’t irritate your dog’s feet. They are portable and easy to use which you only need to fill it up with water, insert the paw, do a twist, then dry the paw with a towel.
- Cleaning Stations. The Paw Boss is an example of this type of paw cleaner. Typically heavier and bigger, which also means they are not as portable. The benefit of it is that you don’t have to rinse it after cleaning each paw. They are designed in a way that can wash all paws with only one filling thanks to the in-built clean and dirty water reservoir.
- Waterless Paw Cleaning Shampoos. This has become more and more popular as you don’t need water to clean your dog’s paws. Press to spray the foam on the paw, scrub, and wipe it off, then they are good to go. The Pupmate and Petribe are especially great as they use a pet-friendly formula and 360 degrees brush head that can remove all dirt that is typically hard to reach, hence cleaner.
This is important if you are choosing the paw cleaning cup or the station type. The reason is that you want your dog’s feet to be able to fit right in the paw washer. However, this is not too much of a concern for the waterless shampoo cleaners because of how they operate.
Remember, the purpose of it is to clean your dog’s paws. So you would want the brush to be soft and flexible enough to ensure it is gentle while cleaning your dog’s feet. In fact, most paw washers like the Dexas and Paw Plunger are equipped with silicone bristles, which is great as it won’t irritate or damage the pads.
4. Ease of Maintenance
You would also need a paw washer that is easy to clean as you don’t want the mud to stay inside it. Something that can be easily disassembled so that you can wash all the parts to ensure it functions at its best during the next use.
5. Additional Features to Consider
If you love outdoor activities and often take your dog with you, you would want a paw washer that is easy to carry. That way, you can keep your car clean after your dog runs wild in the park. It may also be a good idea to consider the Paw Plunger as it comes with a lid to keep the water from spilling out.
Paw washers like the Anipaw and Yitook are also a great option. The reason is that they have more than just one function, the top is detachable, which can be used to brush your dog during the bath time.
Tips on How to Keep Your Dog’s Paws Clean
- Get your dog to wear boots. Some people may think that using dog booties is unnecessary. In fact, they can be extremely useful. Not only can they help to keep your dog’s paws dirt free, but also to protect their joints and pads from sharp foreign objects during your outdoor adventures.
- Use a dog doormat or wipes. Place a doormat specifically designed to wipe off dirt, mud, and excessive water from your dog’s paws next to the entryway. This is crucial if you have a dog door installed that allows your pooch to go outside whenever they want to. Alternatively, you can consider using a dog wipes to clean their paws.
- Prevent your dog from walking in wet and muddy areas. This is pretty self-explanatory and wetter feet will attract more dirt. Though it is hard to control your dog, you can avoid going to these areas in the first place.